IMMIGRANT NATION PROJECT
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
Anyone who has established a life in the US, who considers US home (or one of a few places called home) who is originally from another country, or whose parents, or grandparents or great grandparents or ancestors are from outside of the US. At the end of the day, this is a country of immigrants.
We want people of all races, ages, beliefs, political leanings - the more diverse the better. Kids welcome.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE PHOTOS
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form here. To get details on how to organize and to get the photo release forms & documents.
- Ask a photographer to contribute a chunk of time to create photos using the provided guidelines. Set a time.
- Organize a place to shoot
- Sign people up for the photo shoot.
- Ask people for their emails, phone number and their caption prior to the shoot.
- Have participants sign the photo release.
- Photos need to be 8x10 ratio (vertical)
- Look must match - white background, close up or medium shot
- Every person needs to sign a photo usage release, the photo will not be used if the release is not signed
- My name is (first name only)
- Sentences should be in first person (I am, I have, I believe, etc.)
- Think about the things that make you you, perhaps things that are interesting about you, things that sum you up, things that may be surprising about you, things that make you unique, things you believe in, things you love about the US.
- About 5 lines maximum, 2 lines minimum. No more than 7 sentences.
- Please keep it positive. For example, instead of saying - I don't believe in hate, say, I believe in love.
- Something that expresses you and is true to you
- No costumes (so no full traditional dance costume, but if you want to wear something from your country or something that represents your heritage you absolutely can and it is encouraged.)
- Something you're confident & comfortable in
- No white clothing
WHAT TO WEAR
Submit the photos to email@example.com along with everyone's releases, contact information and captions (in a google doc)
PuBLISH & Share
We will publish the photos on this website and on the Instagram account @immigrant.nation - please share the site and the instagram account.